To face new challenges and new frontiers to conquer, Ayurvedic academia is exploring new means to equip the main stakeholders of the science, the students and practitioners of Ayurveda, to be confident enough to be the torch bearers of this ancient system of medicine. It is in such a milieu, a school for continued, innovative and functional education becomes extremely relevant for Ayurveda.
Aims and Objectives
Kottakkal Ayurveda School of Excellence is envisaged to realize the ingrained purpose of its parent body Kerala Ayurvedic Studies and Research Society (KASRS) to promote and facilitate research and training in Ayurveda by running specially designed short term programmes and workshops on the various aspects of Ayurvedic professional education so as to prepare its Attending delegates to face the various challenges of practicing Ayurvedic medicine in a globalized world.
The objectives of Kottakkal Ayurveda School of Excellence -KASE are
- Conduct short term programs for skill development for Ayurveda doctors
- Conduct Introductory and advanced programs on Ayurveda for international delegates
- Conduct elective and short term programs for skill development in Ayurveda related industrial,research and hospital settings for those aspiring to join such industry
- Conduct advanced training programs for therapists to meet global standards of wellness and hospitality industries
- Conduct advanced specialized training programs for therapists so as to enhance their therapy skills
- Conduct Public awareness classes on Ayurveda lifestyle and relevant public health issues of the times
- Conduct Re-orientation Training Programs for teaching faculty, post graduate, doctoral and post-doctoral scholars on various aspects of research and specific skills
- Conduct/host conclaves of policy makers on various aspects of Ayurvedic education, regulatory frameworks and futuristic interventions
The Kottakkal Ayurveda School of Excellence is structured as a semi-autonomous body under the aegis of Kerala Ayurvedic Studies and Research Society. The administrative structure of KASE is structured as